Troubleshooting and support
Version 2.41 Mar2009
Manual page for Troubleshooting_and_support(PL)
Please follow all of the steps listed below when sending a support request.
Requests that are incomprehensible or incomplete will be given lowest priority.
1. First, make a fair effort towards learning the tool and solving the problem yourself..
You should know your way around the ploticus documentation and examples.
Be sure to follow the troubleshooting procedures from this page (and the
2. Include a stripped-down self-contained example that exhibits the problem.
Often the first thing I do is attempt to reproduce the problem here.
Isolate the problem to the least amount of code possible, but
send enough data that I can generate real results. Describe the problem
succinctly and clearly. If you make it easy for me to understand I'll tend to
address it sooner.
3. Use the -debug option .. and send the diagnostic results
4. Indicate computing platform (Red Hat 7.2? Solaris 8? NT 4.0?)
5. Indicate the exact pl command you used and describe exactly how you invoked pl
(command line? CGI?)
If you use a config file please attach this as well.
6. Double check to be sure everything is correct. Did you attach the correct
script and data set? Did you describe the problem clearly and succinctly?
Send support requests to the
ploticus news group
or to me at stevegrubb at gmail dot com
Much of the incremental improvement in this package has been due to
the careful reports that have been sent in by attentive users. Thanks!
is the author of ploticus.
If you have interesting examples or web sites that use ploticus, please send the
URLs or script files.
data display engine
Copyright Steve Grubb